Secure conference facilities and negotiate contracts in the best interest of the conference committee and attendees.
Prepare preliminary budget as well as final budget for distribution.
- Maintain a financial history of the conference as well as the Assocation.
- Hire a graphic artist and printer to prepare publications, registration forms, and signage throughout the bid process.
Maintain files for membership.
- Print labels from existing membership lists for quarterly newsletters and other publications.
Plus entertainment and social events for conference attendees.
Liaison to hotel and catering management.
- Arrange for initial walk-thru of the hotel with the commitee before the registration materials are prepared and distributed.
- Arrange for pre-conference meeting at the hotel during the week prior to the conference. Prepare function sheets and review Banquet Event Orders.
Send letters of confirmation to speakers chosen for the conference.
- Arrange travel for speakers and purchase airline tickets.
- Arrange for speakers to be paid their honorarium and travel expenses at the conference.
- Correspond with speakers and arrange for AV needs, and notify them of session numbers so they can prepare their handouts.
Prepare name badges, meal, and session tickets for distribution at the event.
Arrange with Chair for session moderators and correspond with them about their duties i.e. introducing the speaker and passing out evaluations.
Maintain speaker and VIP block with hotel.
- Receive weekly hotel block report and monitor it in the event the an overflow hotel is needed.
Solicitation of advertising to offset the printing of the conference registration form/booklet.
Solicit exhibitors and sponsors to secure operating revenue for the conference.
Register attendees on a secured on-line site.
Obtain bids for audio-visual and taping one-site needs.
Obtain security for the exhibitor and registration area of the conference.
Secure and coordinate on-site door monitors for sessions and meals.
Obtain bids for bags, neck wallets or give-a-ways designated by the Chair.
Attend planning meetings via conference call or in person.
On-site management of conference including daily monitoring of the master bill and expenses.
Archive files for five years for all of the above conferences and activities.